Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Who answered best, Miss Angola or Miss Philippines?


It is all over the news! They have crowned this year's Miss Universe 2011 and who got it? Hail, Miss Angola, Leila Lopes!



However, people or let's be more specific, our fellow Filipinos have their own thoughts on this year's pageant. They say Miss Philippines, Shamcey Supsup should have bagged the crown because she doesn't only posses beauty and grace but also she's one heck of a smart lass! (Magna Cum Laude of University of the Philippines with a degree in Architecture, eh? Oh and she topped the Architecture Licensure Examination last June 2010)

photo from here
Okay. I was actually shocked with Shamcey's look on her pre-daparture (Columbia). She definitely looks like a beauty queen during the 80's but was rocking it! I love it! However, I personally find Miss Angola beautiful too. When I voted for Shamcey Supsup on Miss Universe online voting, I saw Miss Angola and I wanted to vote for her as well, but I did not. (lol) So let us just see their final question and answer during the top 5.

Photo from here
Miss Angola was asked by Tony Winner and our very own Ms. Lea Salonga the final question, "If you could change one of your personal characteristics, which one would it be and why?" Lopes answered with confidence, "Thank God, I'm very well satisfied with the way God created me and I would not change a thing. I consider myself a woman with inner beauty. I have my principles. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I plan to follow this the rest of my life."

Photo from here
Miss Philippines on the other hand was one of the strongest competitors of the pageant (placed first in the final fan ranking) was asked, if she would change her religion just to marry the person she loves. Shamcey showed her love for God with her astonishing answer, "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too."

With that said, who do you think answered best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...